Many faith communities and Christian organizations are struggling with how to make space for the Millennial generation—those born between 1984 and 2002.
The 112-page Making Space for Millennials full report, produced in partnership with Barna Group and Cornerstone Knowledge Network, is an indispensable tool for designing with Millennials in mind. It outlines Millennials as a generation and the impact their shared values, allegiances, and assumptions will have on your church or organization as you make space for their ideas and influence. It recounts Millennials’ perspectives on worship and community spaces and shares practitioners’ views on the impact of culture, ministry, leadership and facilities on design.
Take a peek inside the full report by downloading Chapter 4 on Facilities.
The full Barna/CKN Making Space for Millennials report is available at barna.org/spaceformillennials.
Related articles and resources on Millennials
- “Millennials Need a Bigger God, Not a Hipper Pastor” by Drew Dyck
- “How Millennials Encounter God” by David Kinnaman
- “Church: Be You Always” by Aimee Cottle
- “3 Purposeful Ways Churches Can Make Room for Millennials”
- “Conquering the Challenges of the 21st Century Church” by Ed Bahler
- “Creating Third Place Spaces at Church” by Derek DeGroot